World Championships 2021 (ITA) & Eurocup 4
The World Championships this year will take place in Colico, on beautiful Lake Como (ITA), during the first week of August (from the 2nd to the 6th). Colico is a small town located in the northern part of the very famous Lake Como. It is very well connected by train (the railway station is a 15 min walk from the club and 1.30h from Milan) and by car. The nearest airports are Malpensa, Linate and Orio Al Serio all situated in or around Milan.
Here, during the summer, one can almost always sail with medium to strong winds (15-20 knots) in the afternoon and warm, sunny weather (around 23°C). But the water of the lake can remain cold even in the summer, so remember to bring some warmer clothes just in case.
The club hosting the event is PerSport SSD. The organizing committee will do their best to comply with all Covid19 measures, and we ask that all of you coming to the event do so as well. If you aren’t up to speed with all the measures applied in Italy, please read the article on the official website for the championship.
Remember the following deadlines regarding the entry fee:
- 280 EUR before 1st of June
- 350 EUR from the 2nd of June until the 15th of July
- 390 EUR from the 16th of July until the start of the event
The registrations for the event will open on the 15th of April. Please be aware that a registration on Peepl does not equal to a registration to the event.
There will be charter boats available for the event. Have a look on the official web site for more information regarding this topic. Also a WhatsApp group, to ensure quick and precise communications between the organizing committee and the fleet, will be created closer to the starting date of the event.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.rs500worlds.it
VERY IMPORTANT: There will be no tents allowed at the club and free camping is strictly forbidden in and around Colico.
The tourist office Proloco Colico will offer the best accommodations so be sure to check out their site (Archivi Ospitalita - Visit Colico).
The club suggests the following:
- A camper area at the club.
- In fact, one can reserve a camper spot by paying 15 EUR/day upfront.
- Camping Lido di Colico.
- This accommodation is right in front of the club, but they have a very limited number of places for caravans or campers, and some bungalows.
- Green Village Camping.
- This is a fully serviced camping with lots of pitches for tents situated 2,5km from the club.
- Campeggio – Camere Residence – Marina Privata – Green Village – Lago di Como (greenvillageitaly.com)
- B&B Eldoorado.
- This B&B is in Dorio, a town right next to Colico (a 10 minutes drive).
- B&B DaDi.
- Via Bassana, 19, 23823 Villatico- Colico (LC)
- Tel: 0341940064
- B&B La Fiorita.
- Via Borgonuovo, 6, 23823- Colico (LC)
- Tel: 338 3989262
- Marina Apartments.
- Piazza G.Garibaldi, 5, 23823 Colico (LC)
- Tel: 328 0207312
- Hotel Risi.
- This accommodation is also very nearby the club (walking distance).
- Via Lungolario Polti, 1, Colico (LC)
In case the event must be cancelled the organizing committee has said they will be able to return at least 50% of the registration fee.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN ITALY!!!